Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

OK... the year is almost over, both as far as the calendar goes and as far as the Bible Study goes. Only a few Books remain, and we skipped ahead and read Revelations last month. I was looking for answers, but found only more questions. I am leaving my studies with my faith intact, not because of of the Bible, but in spite of it. I have my faith because it works for me. I have chosen to trust God, and God continues to be there for me.

Please don't misunderstand. My time spent with the good book was not wasted. I learned many things historical, procedural and theological, interesting facts and disturbing revelations. There were also some very cool one-liners. Try this one: 'God doesn't love you because of who you are, but because of who God is.' Or, as I paraphrase, 'You can do anything you want to do, but some of those things are not good for you.' How wise must we be to make that one work?

The days are short, and Mother Nature gathers her chicks under her ample breast to await yet another Spring. Find a warm place to renew and refresh. Settle in with a cup of hot chocolate and press your nose against the cold window. Watch the quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment