Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh Me of Little Patience

I know. It is another character flaw. Will they never cease?

I would like to be a patient person, or at least I'm willing to say I'd like that, and I guess that sometimes I am, but all too often I'm just not.

If only everyone would just do what I want them to do when I want them to do it, there would be no problem at all, and I'm sure the world would be a much better place.

Today I was driving to work and approached a four way stop. Those of you who know me have heard similar rants before and may advance your token directly to go. Anyway, from 100 yards away, I could see that two other drivers were already fully stopped at the intersection. There was enough time for each of them to execute a complete Chinese Fire Drill(this is where everyone exits the vehicle, runs completely around it and re-enters from whence they exited), and have still taken their allotted turns and gone on their respective merry ways before I got there.

But nooooooo......


They both just sat there and waited until I completed my approach and came to a full and distinctly complete, utter and final un-disputable, un-contestable stop.

Did I mention total?

Once I had arrived at the limit line, The opposing driver, having obviously arrived at some prior agreement with the other driver camped at the intersection, slowly made his way through. I'm thinking, "Aha.....now we are getting somewhere!" foolishly expecting driver 2 to smartly cross my bow and be on his way....but, alas, what is this? He is not moving! It is clearly his big moment, he is to my right, and he has been waiting since the flood, but he i.s. n.o.t. m.o.v.i.n.g!

I glance up, and through the light fog I see headlights slowly approaching.

Now I get it! This....person.....is waiting for the new arrival, who still appears to be in the next county, mind you, this..... person(substitute your favorite pejorative).... is now waiting for the new car to come to a COMPLETE STOP BEFORE HE CROSSES THE INTERSECTION!

He may still be there.

I honestly don't know.

I am not there any more, and yes I went out of turn, and no I did not wait for the oncoming car to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment