Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let's Cut Some Slack

I have a friend who is struggling. She is dealing with an irrational mate. I have a child who is struggling. Also dealing with an irrational mate. I struggle. Dealing with a sometimes irrational spouse. And irrational children....and irrational parents. We won't even mention the in-laws, after all, we expect such from them.

C'mon, people! Everyone is a bit daft. Some are just better at hiding it than others, that's all. Rather than be in a snit, why not enjoy the bizarre behavior of in-laws. Particularly if they live across the country. Long range free entertainment. Aren't we glad we live here and they live there?

Same thing with the Internet. I'm sure you've seen the acid filled comments made from behind the security of a keyboard. Just know that some people are rabid. Move on.

I have someone who is quite close to me who seems on occasion to be more porcupine than human. Prickly, ya know? It's a damn shame too. Actually a very good person, but gonna be lonely for a long time.....

Like I said, we are all crazy, just different flavors. Most of them are interesting and fortunately only a few are really harmful. They get more press than they deserve.

When it's the one you love who is acting nuts, it can be hard, or scary, or funny, or sad, or some combination of all these and many others. Believe me. I know. The most common feeling is one of helplessness. Particularly if they are really crazy crazy. Sometimes all you can do is hang on. Remember, though, as funny as it might seem to you, it is reality for them.

Of course, maybe they are just trying survive your insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment